Who We Impact
Tidewater Arts Outreach programs are held regularly in more than 60 locations throughout Hampton Roads – nursing homes, hospitals, family homeless shelters, dependent care day programs, crisis programs, assisted living facilities and more. These engaging, age-appropriate, themed arts activities:
- stimulate, inspire, increase social engagement and teach or reinforce skills
- can help in healing
- have the potential to help reduce staff turnover & attract quality staff
- help staff connect culturally with patients, families and other staff members from diverse cultures
- can ensure that people leave a legacy, and create a lasting expression
- provide artists with stipends for their work, feedback and program support, a creative challenge and new audiences and participants for their work.
Tidewater Arts Outreach is a write-in agency for the United Way annual workplace campaign and the Combined Federal Campaign in Hampton Roads (Southside and Peninsula). Simply write us in on the “designation” line, and you can contribute any portion of your workplace pledge to go toward our work with seniors and others who have special needs. Your support is needed and appreciated. Thank you!
We measure the impact of our outreach programs using a variety of survey tools for participants, staff and volunteers.
Elder Participant Survey
Elders Program Staff Survey
Our Outreach Testimonials & Support
2014 Great Program Quotes
Feb 2015 Letter from Charity Wilson from Riverside
Feb 2015 Letter of Support from Arbors at Port Warwick
Feb 2015 Letter of Support from Samaritan House
Versability Resources Support Letter
Letter of Support from Lake Prince Woods
FY 2014 Quotes and Comments